Sunday, October 25, 2009

DEAR MESS, MY STAFF'S IN DISTRESS


Dear Wide Chareleston Mist,
As a prominent hotel owner in the San Antonio area (The Horshoe Road Inn On Fredericksburg), I am committed to employee morale. Accordingly, I have had a "Suggestions and Questions Box" prominently located behind the furnace in the boiler room for about 4 years now. I'll be damned if the staff hasn't recently found it. Now I have to reply. I thought I'd come to the font of all wisdom for assistance. Here they are:

1. Is it ok for me to help myself to the breakfast buffet set up for a conference if no one at the conference is eating? Only after all the conference attendees have all left the room. Then go for it. It's a sin to waste food. Remember to share with your co-workers, of course.

2. My cowoker left her paycheck stub at the front desk when her shift ended. Was it ok for me to look at it? Only if she makes LESS than you. But seriously, no, it's tacky. How would YOU feel if somebody did that to you? Shitty, I bet. Your salary should never be discussed with anyone other than your boss.

3. As a joke, the valet has been sending anonymous love letters to one of the housekeepers who takes them seriously. Everyone is enjoying the prank so should I expose it? This is awful. Love starved maids have killed themselves over less. You should be ashamed of your self. That valet needs to be fired, or worse. And those that are enjoying the prank are sociopaths.

4. Each morning when my shift starts, Mr Massengill welcomes me with a big, lingering hug followed by a fanny-grab. I'm not comfortable with this. Should I tell him? Good god, Mr. M, how many lawsuits do you need to be involved in? Cool it.

5. I found a neoprene c*ck ring in a room after the guests checked out. Can I keep it? Absolutely. It would be embarrassing for you to try to return it. I'm sure the guest is embarrassed that he left it. Please clean it before you use it. Then go take care of that housekeeper.

1 comment:

  1. Ah The Horshoe. Brings back so many fond memories!

    ReplyDelete