Friday, April 3, 2009

TODAY'S BIRTHDAY BOY!

Marlon Brando, born today in 1924.
Always ahead of his time, the sex symbol and tough guy had a "so what" attitude on sexuality.
In Gary Carey's 1976 biography The Only Contender, Brando is quoted as saying, "Homosexuality is so much in fashion it no longer makes news. Like a large number of men, I, too, have had homosexual experiences and I am not ashamed. I have never paid much attention to what people think about me."
What a shame, three decades later, the Hollywood closets are packed to the rafters.

1 comment:

  1. I suppose being so secure in his masculinity and having reached a point financially where he could say "fuck it" made it easier for him to be so candid about his sexuality. I just wish more celebrities would do the same. The more it's out there, yes, the less of an issue it becomes.

    ReplyDelete