Tuesday, November 10, 2009

DEAR MESS, I FEEL LIKE BUSTING UP SOMEBODY'S HOME


so, chocolate mess,
I exchanged pictures and offers of acts on-line with a gentleman who just moved to my little city. We wanted to meet but he did preface that he had also written to another guy (see, he is a gentleman) and long story short he and I never met and now he and the other guy are an item. He's told me how they're so into each other and how surprised both of them were that such a wonderful thing could come from an on-line advertisement. I wished him well and I'd still like to meet him and probably will because I know he lives in the hood, by which I mean neighborhood and not some slang for a foreskin fetish. Since it sounds like they're inseparable, I'll probably meet them both at once. I still think the guy I never met is hot and want to get with him. But what if I think the other guy is hotter? Or what if I know the other guy and he's a skank? Should I warn the new kid in town?
signed,
Beguiled, bothered and bewildered

Dear BBB,
You need to leave the lovebirds the hell alone. If this guy is serious about his new squeeze, his ad should be off the internet. If he still has his ad up, he's loving his "wonderful" thing but maybe still hoping for something more wonderful. In that case, maybe you should go for it. Or, if these two are like most men I know, they will be posting an ad for a third wheel soon. But maybe they will be together in some monogamous stupor for eternity. What I get from your letter is that you have no respect or belief in the idea that these two may very well be happy together and don't need you sniffing around. Really, baby, let them go. I know it was Madame who said "if you can't find a good home, wreck one", but after all, she was a dummy. And dummies don't have hearts (or a conscience). Sorta sounds a bit like you, don't you think?

2 comments: